Experienced content marketer and web strategist. Web design and CMS expert. Editor and copywriter with a mastery of storytelling, branding, and digital marketing.
September 2019 – Present
Square, San Francisco, CA — Editorial Lead
- Leads editorial strategy for Square with an in-house editorial team to drive brand awareness and product growth using owned organic channels and strategic content marketing campaigns.
- Oversees editorial production as the editor-in-chief for Square’s branded publication and content hub, Town Square, leading a team of editors, external partners, and production resources to create original content and media, and grow a loyal audience of readers, listeners, and subscribers.
- Oversees a center of excellence around editorial to move critical business metrics for the Square brand and marketing, partnering across the company to drive innovation and strategy — from new formats and channels, to working on partnerships with influencers, SMEs, other brands, and publications like The New York Times, Forbes, Eater, ZAGAT, etc. to fuel a best-in-class program.
- Drives multi-channel organic growth strategies and measurement for editorial content and media, leveraging SEO, earned media, lead generation, social, experiential, sales, product, and other content distribution channels and platforms (video, podcasts, email, etc.).
June 2018 – September 2019
Square, San Francisco, CA — Organic Growth Marketing Lead
- Led organic growth strategy for Square eCommerce to drive seller acquisition, activation, and monetization, as well as brand awareness and audience growth through organic and earned channels with a team that included web strategy, content marketing, and SEO functions.
- Oversaw content strategy on squareup.com for Square eCommerce products, partnering with product and marketing teams on global GTM strategies, lead generation, marketing automation, conversion funnel optimization, growth experimentation, and multivariate testing; worked cross-functionally with design, engineering, production, operations, and creative to execute content strategy.
- Oversaw content production and editorial strategy with a team of in-house and freelance content creators focused on organic channel distribution, optimization, and ROI: Blog, social, email, SEO, content partnerships, and comms.
- Established and measured KPIs for organic growth at all stages of the funnel against product and business goals for Square eCommerce, and identified new growth opportunities for organic channels through data insights and reporting.
Primary markets for Square eCommerce include the US, Canada, UK, and Australia
May 2018 – September 2019
Weebly, San Francisco, CA — Organic Growth Marketing Lead
- Weebly was acquired by Square in June 2018. As part of the family of products run by Square eCommerce, my responsibilities as Organic Growth Marketing Lead included the above for weebly.com and Weebly organic channels.
August 2016 – April 2018
Twitter, San Francisco, CA — Content Strategy Lead
- Led content strategy for Twitter Business to drive acquisition, revenue, and audience growth with a content marketing team that included social, copywriting, design, and content functions.
- Oversaw content production and editorial strategy with a team of in-house and freelance content creators to implement an integrated content marketing strategy across paid and owned channels, including the launch of the new Twitter Business blog (2018 NewsCred Top 50 Award winner).
- Managed business.twitter.com, partnering with global business marketing, product marketing, sales, operations, engineering, IT, and data science teams on global GTM strategies, channel growth, SEO, marketing automation, and conversion funnel optimization.
- Established and measured KPIs for content strategy at all stages of the funnel, and identified new opportunities through data insights and reporting.
May 2015 – February 2016
Facebook, Menlo Park, CA — Content Management Specialist
- Created content for digital business marketing properties and campaigns in support of global strategic goals and priorities, integrating B2B cross-channel marketing, revenue generation, and lead acquisition.
- Managed content workstreams across global marketing, sales, and ads product: Facebook for Business, Instagram for Business, and Advertiser Help Center web pages, microsites, blog posts, case studies, internal comms, sales tools/resources, content translation/localization.
- Managed email marketing campaign planning, design, coordination, execution, and reporting; launched new vertical newsletters and event marketing; and worked closely with IT to ensure data quality.
- Partnered with content strategy, design, editorial, SEO/SEM, and analytics leads to implement content optimization and testing workstreams; provided leadership, training, and guidance on CMS for business marketing.
July 2013 – April 2015
San Francisco Art Institute, San Francisco, CA — Content Marketing and Social Media Manager
- Led the launch of SFAI’s new website and content strategy, addressing complex institutional priorities and requirements, and partnering with creative agency on brand identity system, web design, and backend development.
- Managed multi-channel digital and content marketing strategies to drive engagement, lead acquisition, and retention for ten departmental pipelines; ensured content and followed best practices, and brand and style guidelines.
- Created content and shareable assets to drive campaign performance, build brand awareness, leverage brand advocates, and maximize growth of social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, LinkedIn, YouTube, Vimeo), press coverage, cross-promotion, and user-generated content.
- Measured, analyzed, and reported content performance, campaign effectiveness, community engagement, and growth utilizing CRM.
September 2011 – July 2013
Marymount University, Arlington, VA — Web Manager
- Oversaw the launch of Marymount’s new website and content strategy, improving site information architecture, UI/UX, SEO, web copy, graphics, and multimedia; and assisted with executing the university’s new graphic identity.
- Managed digital strategies and content for brand positioning, advertising, and public relations including email newsletters, landing pages, microsites, and social media; ensured brand and messaging consistency across digital media.
- Provided oversight, advice, and training across the institution.
February 2010 – August 2016
Self-Employed, San Francisco Bay Area / San Diego County / DCVA — Freelance Graphic Designer and Web Developer
October 2007 – February 2010
San Diego State University, San Diego, CA — Development Communications Specialist
- Managed the development, design, and creation of new SDSU websites, digital publications, and content, updating the university’s graphic identity, functionality, templates, landing pages, multimedia, email, and blogs.
- Designed and produced collateral and digital content for university development and donor stewardship, including the institution’s first-ever capital campaign.
- Wrote and edited copy for university communications, campaigns, and on behalf of the president: Fact sheets, brochures, white papers, prospectuses, direct mail, annual reports, written correspondence, public remarks, proposals/grants, articles, magazine features, newsletters, and online publications.
- Collaborated with university leadership, executive boards, staff, and subject matter experts to develop strategic messaging, and create public relations and marketing materials.
Major donors ($25k+) and partners
AT&T, BAE Systems, Bosa Development Corporation, The Coca-Cola Company, General Atomics, Northrop Grumman, QUALCOMM Incorporated, Sharp HealthCare, Sempra Energy, and United Way
May 2007 – October 2007
San Diego State University, San Diego, CA — Intern to Director of Communications and Associate Vice President of Campaign Communications and Donor Relations
- Wrote and edited articles and features for print and online publications.
- Designed, created, and maintained campaign collateral, marketing materials, websites, and digital communications.
- Designed and edited proposals/grants for university-wide initiatives.
- Assisted with special events and public relations materials.
BA Communications, Emphasis in Public Relations — San Diego State University
Minor in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Undergraduate — Sonoma State University
Skills / Expertise
Editorial, content marketing, social media, advertising, public relations
Web content production, information architecture, UI/UX, SEO
Demand generation, lead nurture, marketing automation, B2B, CRM
Marketing metrics, web analytics, multi-channel attribution, data visualization, reporting
Brand identity systems, photo/video editing, print production
Software / Applications
Contentful, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Drupal, Ektron, WordPress, ExpressionEngine
Adobe® CC + Marketing Cloud
Target, Photoshop®, Dreamweaver®, Fireworks®, InDesign®, Illustrator®, Acrobat® Pro
PowerPoint®, Excel®, Word®
Aperture®, Final Cut Studio®, Keynote®